Boost your sales close rates with information that will help you find, understand, and engage more qualified buyers. The Insights pane lives on your Microsoft Dynamics CRM accounts, contacts, leads, and opportunities forms, where it pulls in company, contact, and social data from thousands of constantly-updated sources.
By managing these Microsoft Dynamics CRM components in System Center Operations Manager, the administrator can respond quickly to critical events and key performance indicators, and take action to prevent service outages, reduce the resolution time for alert conditions, and increase the overall availability and performance of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM system.
- Monitors the availability and heath of the following components
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2015
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 E-mail Router
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Reporting Extensions
- Monitors the availability and health of the following component services:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service (maintenance)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sandbox Processing Service
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Service
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Unzip Service
- World Wide Web Publishing Service
- Indexing Service
- Monitors the availability and health of the following application components and functionality:
- Operability of ISV plug-ins
- Web application requests processing, SOAP exceptions, and unexpected failures
- Monitors the performance metrics of the following components:
- Web application requests processing
- Database query processing
- Monitors the system for configuration-related failures.
Nice add-on to OneNote‚Ä¶.
Today we shared new Windows 10 experiences and talked about how Windows 10 will inspire new scenarios across the broadest range of devices ‚Äď from big screens to small screens to no screens at all. And made additions to the Windows 10 device family that, while exciting for all users, enable some amazing scenarios for businesses. We also outlined a clear vision, for a new era of more personal computing, for everyone ‚Äď from consumers to IT professionals and business users ‚Äď to know and love Windows 10.
‚ÄúMore and more, people are choosing the brands that give them unique, tailored and fulfilling customer service experiences,‚ÄĚ said Bob Stutz, corporate vice president of Microsoft Dynamics CRM. ‚ÄúParature‚Äôs customer-centric capabilities enable organizations to deliver personalized customer care and, when combined with the clear business processes and intelligence of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, give our customers the high-quality solutions their businesses demand.‚ÄĚ
One year after its acquisition by Microsoft, Parature is continuing to prove its value and momentum with the largest release in the history of brand.
This article focuses on recent and upcoming compatibility testing for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015. It also focuses on the most common compatibility questions that are processed by Microsoft Dynamics Technical Support. This article does not indicate Microsoft Dynamics CRM compatibility for all products. This article supplements the information in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Implementation Guide‚Ä¶.more @ the link below:
Some interesting insights into upcoming changes in Microsoft ALM tools‚Ä¶.@ link below:
Guidance on verifying the security of cloud services for Australian Government‚Ä¶
The Australian Attorney Generals Department has released a revised framework for assessing compliance and risk for cloud services. Microsoft welcomes this forward-looking guidance that describes a streamlined decision-making process while reinforcing the need for risk assessment and compliance with Australian security requirements.
Microsoft is making available an assurance handbook consistent with this new guidance that enables any organisation to compare alternative cloud services on the basis of capability, compliance and risk. This handbook is technology and service agnostic and can be used for any cloud service from any cloud provider‚Ä¶.more @ the link below:
Government departments will no longer need to seek ministerial approval from their portfolio minister and the attorney-general to move their cloud-based IT services offshore, with the Australian federal government rolling back the requirement which was introduced by the previous Labor administration‚Ä¶more @ the link below: