Microsoft/Power-BI-Solution-Template on GitHub, details and link as below.
The solution template contains a secure, scalable and extensible Sales Management dashboard for analysis. It is an end-to-end solution including Scribeâ€™s cloud-based ETL platform, a cloud or on-premise database, and polished Power BI reports (including a security model derived from your own Dynamics CRM instance).
The key highlights of the template are:
- Get head start with pre-built data models for Sales Management analytic dashboards
- Use an intuitive wizard based UI to setup and customize data integration
- Gain enterprise grade performance by processing large data volumes from Dynamics CRM
- Optimize data integration with incremental data extraction capability
The Power BI Sales Management Solution Template reduces the time to implement a Power BI solution on Dynamics CRM or Salesforce.
Two deployment options are available depending on customer requirements. Both approaches benefit from fast ETL loads with incremental updates. Where they differ is where the model and data reside.
This post was authored by Tiffany Wissner, Senior Director of Data Platform Marketing.
SQL Server 2016 is the foundation of Microsoftâ€™s data strategy, encompassing innovations that transform data into intelligent action. With this new release, Microsoft is delivering an end-to-end data management and business analytics solution with mission critical intelligence for your most demanding applications as well as insights on your data on any device. Recently, we had the opportunity to showcase the exciting capabilities and what customers are doing with SQL Server 2016 at our Data Driven event. Building on this momentum, today we are excited to announce the following:
- SQL Server 2016 will be generally available on June 1, 2016. This will allow you to build mission-critical, and business critical intelligent applications with the most secure database1, the highest performance data warehouse2, end-to-end mobile BI on any device, in-database advanced analytics, in-memory capabilities optimized for all workloads, and a consistent experience from on-premises to cloud. These capabilities are built-in to SQL Server for industry-leading low cost of ownership.
- New SQL Server 2016 performance benchmarks. Today, Lenovo published a new #1 TPC-H 30 TB world record3 using SQL Server 2016 and Windows Server 2016 on Lenovo System x3950 X6. This result, in addition to recent benchmarks by software and hardware partners, as well as key applications across variety of workloads, proves that SQL Server 2016 is the fastest in-memory database on the planet for your applications.
- The SQL Server 2016 editions include Enterprise, Standard, Express, and Developer. In March, we announced that the SQL Server 2016 Developer edition will be a free download to enable broad access to and development on the full capabilities of the latest SQL Server release.
Starting March 2016â€¦.
SQL Server 2014 Developer Edition is now a free download for Visual Studio Dev Essentials members (you will be prompted to sign in to Visual Studio Dev Essentials before you can download SQL Server 2014 Developer Edition). We are making this change so that all developers can leverage the capabilities that SQL Server 2014 has to offer for their data solution, and this is another step in making SQL Server more accessible. SQL Server Developer Edition is for development and testing only, and not for production environments or for use with production data.
Microsoft acquires Solairâ€¦.
Solairâ€™s IoT customization and deployment solutions, built on Microsoftâ€™s Azure cloud platform, are engineered to help businesses in any industry utilize IoT to run more efficiently and profitably. For example, Solair has brought the power of IoT to the Rancilio Groupâ€™s full line of espresso machines, allowing the Italian manufacturer to remotely monitor machines resulting in greater efficiency across the supply chain. Using the power of cloud-based data and analytics, Solair has helped the Rancilio Group reduce costs and increase revenue.
An interesting PowerBI report (@ the link below) which shows the Gartner Magic Quadrant over time, what I like is, that you can actually simulate and visualise how Microsoft and the other vendors have progressed over the years on Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data warehouse and Data Management solutions and Operational database solutions.
To help organizations comply with national, regional, and industry-specific requirements governing the collection and use of individualsâ€™ data, Microsoft offers the most comprehensive set of certifications and attestations of any cloud service provider.
Gartner names Microsoft Azure a leader in aPaaS
More at the link below:
Although currently available in limited CRM online instanceâ€™s / datacentresâ€™, the link outlines limitations, Azure components and services that are involved/used by
Install and configure Voice of the Customer
Design and distribute your survey
March 21, 2016
Â· Rahul Desai Â· No Comments
Tags: Azure, Dynamics CRM, Microsoft, Rahul Desai, Voice of the Customer Surveys Â· Posted in: Azure, Cloud, Dynamics CRM, Tools, Tips & Utilities, Training, Voice of the Customer Surveys
Today marks Release to Manufacturing (RTM) of SharePoint Server 2016! This is an important milestone in the delivery of this significant release, which includes new capabilities for users, IT pros and administrators, as well as the next generation of hybrid capabilities for SharePoint. This also marks the general availability of cloud hybrid search for SharePoint Server 2013 and higher customersâ€”allowing on-premises and Office 365 content to be surfaced in one search result.
Note: The Updates documented in this blog for: