“Shared Services Provider creation failed” – SharePoint

While creating a new Shared services Provider for one of the farm servers, I got this error. The issue was the credentials for service account were not valid (all of a sudden…..! I could still not figure out why!). There is a nice KB article on this on the following link:


One smart thing I did do was, updated the service account credentials with the same old password (can you believe it…it worked!). I did this, just to ensure, other websites and services using the same credentials are not getting disturbed. It worked gold for me. In my list…..for future reference….

Technorati Tags: ,,

May 7, 2009 · Rahul Desai · No Comments
Posted in: SharePoint, Tools, Tips & Utilities

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.